Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time H1 stamping (Chennai), how to take simultaneous appointment for spouse H4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time H1 stamping (Chennai), how to take simultaneous appointment for spouse H4?

Hi all,

I am going for first time stamping of my H1-B visa. Consulate listed in I797 approval notice is Chennai, and I will apply for my and spouse's DS-160 forms shortly.

I read online that we should apply for my H-1 and spouse H4 at the same time (same appointment?) I am very confused about this, and hope one of you can help clarify matters. I know that there is option to use 'Family' option when filling out my DS 160 form, at least that is what my lawyer informed.

I wanted to clarify the following before starting on our individual DS-160 applications

1. How are where do I request for appointments together for us?

2. Do we take one single appointment for both of us together, or is there an option to sign up for 2 appointments simultaneously?

3. If we each have to sign up for our own appointment, then what is the option if 2 appointments are not available together or at the same time?

4. Is the biometric printing on a separate day? I am not from Chennai, so I will need to make arrangement for stay if necessary

5. Can I make payment for both visa together (i.e. Visa fees x 2 persons), or do I have to make separate payments?

Please advise on this, thanks very much!

>>>>> On Us Consulate website, schedule your H1 appointment and add your wife as dependent.

2. Do we take one single appointment for both of us together, or is there an option to sign up for 2 appointments simultaneously?
    >>>>>> Better you schedule single appointment for you and your spouse.

3. If we each have to sign up for our own appointment, then what is the option if 2 appointments are not available together or at the same time?
    >>>>>>> no need to book separate appointments.

4. Is the biometric printing on a separate day? I am not from Chennai, so I will need to make arrangement for stay if necessary
    >>>>>> yes, a day prior to interview date.

5. Can I make payment for both visa together (i.e. Visa fees x 2 persons), or do I have to make separate payments?
    >>>>> you should pay together.
    This is just my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks so much for your quick response!

I read elsewhere that there is an option to schedule single appointment - is this option at the time of scheduling appointment?

If I pay together i.e cost of 2 visas, then would they be able to track whether it is for me and my spouse?

Apologies if these are very basic questions - I am a little confused at this process!

Originally posted by SKDS160 View Post
      >>>>> On Us Consulate website, schedule your H1 appointment and add your wife as dependent.

>>>>>> Better you schedule single appointment for you and your spouse.

>>>>>>> no need to book separate appointments.

>>>>>> yes, a day prior to interview date.

>>>>> you should pay together.

Comment

Originally posted by lin24 View Post
        Thanks so much for your quick response!

I read elsewhere that there is an option to schedule single appointment - is this option at the time of scheduling appointment?

If I pay together i.e cost of 2 visas, then would they be able to track whether it is for me and my spouse?

Apologies if these are very basic questions - I am a little confused at this process!
        No, there is no such option on their website. You will schedule appointment for H1B and add your spouse as dependent. System will automatically consider her visa as H4. If you pay together, you will see the same receipt number against both of you.
        This is just my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X