H1B transfer issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer issue

My current company lawyer just notified me that they just file my H1B Change Of Status amendment (From L1B to H1B, first elect to apply H1B visa at US consulate this April, the case was approved, now change to COS, i.e. activate it inside US) request with premium processing today.
    They said typically, it will spend 15 days for USCIS to make decision and about 1 week after that they may receive original receipt invoice.
    1 So I suppose my H1B pending status should be end after 15 days? or after they got receipt invoice?

Considering my new employer hopes me to work as soon as possible.

2 I am not sure whether any way I can check the case status at USCIS online? Say, if it is approved, my i94 record online at USCIS will be changed accordingly?
    or ask my lawyer to contact USCIS to get result in email first?

3 May I use information at 2 to let my new employer to apply H1B transfer at once? Or I have to wait original receipt invoice to trigger H1B transfer?

Thanks!

If you have the receipt number, you can check the status online. For premium processing cases, USCIS will send the receipt notice and approval / rejection or RFE by email. You can transfer only if you have a copy of your approval notice.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X