Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer while H1B extension is in progress

Hello Everyone,

I am currently working with an Employer A on H1-B Visa on a Perm Full Time position and my current H1-B petition & i-94 expires in Feb 2016 (eligible for Renewal).
    My Company A is about to start the H1-B Extension for me in few days.

Currently, I am also looking for new job opportunities and if I get a new job, my next Employer B will have to transfer my H1-B to them.

I would like to know what will happen if my Employer A has already filed for H1-B Extension and my next Employer B has also started H1-B Transfer process ?
    a) Is that a very risky thing ? As I have heard that if my Employer A gets to know about my H1-B Transfer (through Employer B), they may cancel my original H1-B and it may cancel the H1-B transfer too.
    So I will not be eligible to work with either Employer A or B ?

b) Is there any way the my current company knows about the transfer process with new employer?

c) what happens suppose if I initiated transfer and current company gets RFE?

What should be the best option for me ? Shall I wait until my Employer A completes the H1-B Visa transfer and then apply for the next job (H1-B Visa Transfer through Employer B) ?
    In that case, I may have to wait for another 2 - 3 months as my Employer A will be applying for H1-B Extension in Regular process and not Premium

Please advise. Kindly excuse me for asking this question might have been asked by somone in few years back but lack of knowledge on the USCIS recent changes I am posting this question.
    Last edited by chnrbk; 10-01-2015, 08:21 PM.

I am again in same situation. Can anyone please help me with my queries. thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by chnrbk View Post
      I am again in same situation. Can anyone please help me with my queries. thanks in advance
      Please update the thread with the latest dates as the older thread was for 2015 dates.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X