Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B amendment Vermont center

hi,

My employer sent my H1b Amendment to Vermont center.
    I work at MN, and according to USCIS site, my application has to be filed with California center.
    I wanted to know does it makes any difference (in terms of approval, duration etc.) that which center your application is sent?
    Should the employer strictly follow guidelines on specific center catering to specific states for H1Bs?

Any response will be greatly appreciated

All,

Any suggestions, inputs?

Comment

Yes. If it has to go to CSC, then VSC will return the package and your employer will need to refile.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
        Yes. If it has to go to CSC, then VSC will return the package and your employer will need to refile.
        Hi Shervin, I contacted my employer and they said that nowhere its mentioned on USCIS website to do center specific filing for amendments. However, since amendment process is also treated as extensions, should this link be valid for amendments also, even if it doesn't mentions amendments anywhere?

On October 12, 2017, USCIS changed the direct filing addresses for certain petitioners of the H-1B Visa. The changes are as follows: Petitioners file Form

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Comment

Well, there is a reason why the processing centers are in different regions. Try sending this document to your employer. Like I said, if the processing center cannot process your case, then they will return the package and you will need to refile it with the correct center.

Originally posted by ash1183 View Post
          Hi Shervin, I contacted my employer and they said that nowhere its mentioned on USCIS website to do center specific filing for amendments. However, since amendment process is also treated as extensions, should this link be valid for amendments also, even if it doesn't mentions amendments anywhere?

On October 12, 2017, USCIS changed the direct filing addresses for certain petitioners of the H-1B Visa. The changes are as follows: Petitioners file Form

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
            Well, there is a reason why the processing centers are in different regions. Try sending this document to your employer. Like I said, if the processing center cannot process your case, then they will return the package and you will need to refile it with the correct center.
            Already did that, but same response. They are giving reasoning that your status says case was received. That means center has acknowledged reciept for processing the case. Had it not been the case, they would had sent back earlier. I am not sure if their reasoning is correct.
            Just wanted to know if you have heard any such case where even after the receiving the packet, it was sent after 3-4 months of processing?

Comment

Well, usually if you have received the receipt notice, then it is an indication that USCIS has accepted your case. I am not sure how the officer who will handle your case at a later stage will respond. If you have the receipt notice, then it is a positive sign that the case might get processed. You will have to wait and see.

Originally posted by ash1183 View Post
              Already did that, but same response. They are giving reasoning that your status says case was received. That means center has acknowledged reciept for processing the case. Had it not been the case, they would had sent back earlier. I am not sure if their reasoning is correct.
              Just wanted to know if you have heard any such case where even after the receiving the packet, it was sent after 3-4 months of processing?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X