Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spouce visa (h4) process while I'm on J-1 and my husband has H1B

Hello,
    I am on J-1 visa and my husband is H1B holder. My visa expires in December and I need to start applying for H4 visa. Currently we both stay and work in the US.
    Can someone advice me on a couple of questions?:
    My passport is under my maiden name, does my passport has be under husband's name?
    Is it possible to get H4 while I'm on J1?
    Which forms should I start to submit, having in mind I am currently in the US and holding J-1, which is valid till the end of December?
    if I get H4 before my J-1 expires will I need to leave the country for stamping purposes?

Hope somebody has been in my situation before and can advice me on the action plan.
    Thanks,

My passport is under my maiden name, does my passport has be under husband's name?
    >>> Not required.

Is it possible to get H4 while I'm on J1?
    >>> Yes. A COS can be filed from J1 to H4. It has to be done before your J1 status expires.

Which forms should I start to submit, having in mind I am currently in the US and holding J-1, which is valid till the end of December?
    >>> Form I-539.
    These tips can help you find what you are looking for: Check the URL (web address) for proper spelling and completeness; Use our

These tips can help you find what you are looking for: Check the URL (web address) for proper spelling and completeness; Use our

if I get H4 before my J-1 expires will I need to leave the country for stamping purposes?
    >>> Not required. Your COS if approved will come with a new I-94 attached. As long as the I-94 is valid, you can stay in the country as a dependent.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Spouce visa (h4) process while I'm on J-1 and my husband has H1B

Can I submit I-539 form online? If not, which address should I post the form to?
      Also, how long does it take to get the form approved?

Thank you,
      Vilma

Comment

Can I submit I-539 form online?
        >>> Yes. But you still need to send the documents. Check the below link.

If not, which address should I post the form to?
        Check the below lins.

Also, how long does it take to get the form approved?
        >>> 4-5 months.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X