H4 EAD Application questions After I-140 Approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 EAD Application questions After I-140 Approval

I am on H1B visa and want to file an EAD application for my wife.

At the portal https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do, whenever i enter my LIN# provided by the attorneys for my I-140, it says "we approved your Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker , Receipt Number .... "

Couple of questions.
    Can I file my EAD now using the LIN receipt number ?
    I may need a checklist for documents to be sent for H4 – EAD ? There is one which i created from different sources (Pls see below). Pls suggest to add/remove.
    I have all form 765/photos/check etc. ready. Do I need to wait to get any I-140 approval email/document for filing the H4 ead ? OR is the proof of screenshot enough ?
    I am located in San Jose area, which lockbox facility should i be using ?
    USCIS Dallas Lockbox Facility or
    USCIS Phoenix Lockbox Facility
    I-765 Questions:
    Form I-765 for EAD has section 18 which says to provide receipt number of H1B principal spouse’s most recent form I-797 Notice of approval for form I-129 . Is it the same as the receipt # LIN Receipt in my case ?
    #15 : Current Immigration Status : What should i write there ? Spouse or H-4 Spouse of an H-1B Nonimmigrant or something else

EAD Docs
    1. Form I-765
    2. 380$ fee cashier’s check payable to “US Department of Homeland Security”.
    3. I-94 H4 Spouse
    4. 2 identical photographs (2 inch * 2 inch, Color photo, Thin quality paper) ( on back name n I94 number)
    5. If want to receive text or message if I 765 accepted fill form G-1145
    6. Approved form I-140 ( A copy of H1B spouse form I-797 approval notice of form I-140 or evidence of approved I140

H4 Spouse
    1. Passport Bio Page
    2. Visa Page

H1B Principal
    3. Passport Bio Page
    4. Visa Page
    5. I-94
    6. I-797 Approval Form
    7. Recent Pay Stub
    8. Marriage Certificate Copy

Thank you/

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Can I file my EAD now using the LIN receipt number ? -- Having approval hard copy is better than just receipt number, it will arrive in a week or two.
    I may need a checklist for documents to be sent for H4 – EAD ? There is one which i created from different sources (Pls see below). Pls suggest to add/remove.
    I have all form 765/photos/check etc. ready. Do I need to wait to get any I-140 approval email/document for filing the H4 ead ?
    OR is the proof of screenshot enough ? --See above.
    I am located in San Jose area, which lockbox facility should i be using ?
    USCIS Dallas Lockbox Facility or
    USCIS Phoenix Lockbox Facility -- Probably this one. http://www.uscis.gov/i-765-addresses It depends upon your H1B receipt number
    I-765 Questions:
    Form I-765 for EAD has section 18 which says to provide receipt number of H1B principal spouse’s most recent form I-797 Notice of approval for form I-129 . Is it the same as the receipt # LIN Receipt in my case ? -- No, that one is for the I-140. This one is clearly asking for H1B approval notice number for the I-129
    #15 : Current Immigration Status : What should i write there ? Spouse or H-4 Spouse of an H-1B Nonimmigrant or something else -- H4 is enough

EAD Docs
    1. Form I-765
    2. 380$ fee cashier’s check payable to “US Department of Homeland Security”.
    3. I-94 H4 Spouse
    4. 2 identical photographs (2 inch * 2 inch, Color photo, Thin quality paper) ( on back name n I94 number)
    5. If want to receive text or message if I 765 accepted fill form G-1145
    6. Approved form I-140 ( A copy of H1B spouse form I-797 approval notice of form I-140 or evidence of approved I140 --Copy of I-140 approval notice or at least the receipt number mentioned in a cover letter

H4 Spouse
    1. Passport Bio Page
    2. Visa Page

H1B Principal
    3. Passport Bio Page
    4. Visa Page
    5. I-94
    6. I-797 Approval Form
    7. Recent Pay Stub
    8. Marriage Certificate Copy

Thank you/
    Your list is good. See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      Your list is good. See above.
      Thank you for the answers. It really helped.

Comment

Hi ,

could you le me know your status of h4 ead as i was in the same boat , can i file my h4 ead with the i-140 approved screen shot form the USCIS page as i cannot get my approval notice .

Comment

H4 EAD filing with I140 approved screenshot

Originally posted by bhavith1256 View Post
          Hi ,

could you le me know your status of h4 ead as i was in the same boat , can i file my h4 ead with the i-140 approved screen shot form the USCIS page as i cannot get my approval notice .

Hi Bhavith,
          Did you filed with approved screenshot or waiting for I140 documents? Did you heard from anyone who has filed so?

Do you know how long it take to receive I140 approved document in hard copy by company lawyer

Comment

H4 visa application

Hi im a filipina and i have a indian natinality husband currently working in US. He want to apply H4 visa for me to able to go there,is it possible for me to get it even im not indian?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X