Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding change of status from H4 to H1B that was approved without COS

Hi,

I am in USA on H4 right now. I have an approved H1B but not stamped yet. I work for an Indian Employer and I have the following questions.

1. My H1B is approved without Change of Status. If I have to continue working with my current company who filed my H1B petition, should I travel to India to get the stamping done before I start my work here. Or is there an option for my employer to file just COS and I can work here without travelling to India?

2. If I change my employer, can my new employer file H1B transfer along with COS so that I don't have to travel to India? Or stamping needed for this case as well?

Please consider this urgent. Appreciate your help.

Thanks
    Aruna

1. My H1B is approved without Change of Status. If I have to continue working with my current company who filed my H1B petition, should I travel to India to get the stamping done before I start my work here. Or is there an option for my employer to file just COS and I can work here without travelling to India?
    >>> Employer can file a COS. You cannot work until the COS gets approved. Alternatively you can travel outside and return back on H1B visa and begin working immediately.

2. If I change my employer, can my new employer file H1B transfer along with COS so that I don't have to travel to India? Or stamping needed for this case as well?
    >>> Possible. Either the current employer or a new employer can file a COS from H4 to H1B.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X