Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying H4 visa, while being employed in india

Hi,
    I am on H1 in US. My fiancee is working with a software company in india. she is planning to apply long leave (for 1 year) and appear on H4 visa interview.

In that case, what additional documents she needs to carry with her? Did she have to say she will come back and join work after a year?

Please comment on this.

Regards
    Last edited by nanand3; 01-25-2006, 02:32 PM.

Its better to inform the VO at the time of interview (even if they ask or not)that she is going on vacation.

I cam to US on h4. For me at the time of interview, the VO asked me if i am going on vacation. I said yes.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.
      In that case, what additional documents from her compnay, she needs to carry? Also, if questions like, "after one year, are you going to come back to india, though ur husband is in US?" or "whats ur plan after a year?", what shuld be the answer??

Comment

nanand3. dont worry.

when i went for the interview, i was also working at that time. i said i am going to us for a couple of months.

while entering US, i had my return ticket to India. But nobody asked anything at the POE.

if she is really taking leave and coming to US, then probably she can carry a printout of the mail(the leave approval)....But i dont think so it is required.

Just be cool....things will work out fine.

Comment

I am on H1 in US. My fiancee is working with a software company in india. she is planning to apply long leave (for 1 year) and appear on H4 visa interview.

ONLY SPOUSE CAN APPEAR FOR H4. FIANCEE CANNOT.

In that case, what additional documents she needs to carry with her? Did she have to say she will come back and join work after a year?

WHAT IS HER INTENTION? IS IT JUST A VISIT? THEN TRY B2. IF GRANTED WILL ALLOW HER TO STAY THERE FOR 3 TO 6 MONTHS.
          VEENA
          (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Veena is absolutly right. very first question VO will ask is Marriage certificate. So prepare well.
            Good luck.
            Mast

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X