H1B Agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Agreement

Hi, I was working for a consultancy from oct'14 - sep'15 . I signed an agreement during the process of joining and the agreement stated that i should work for 18 months. I wasn't really happy with them after joining, they gave some false promise like will get some project in 4-5 months for $55+/hr , it never happened and i was relocated to multiple locations( Seattle->New York -> SFO) in the span of one year and also they didn't start my GC process (initially they told GC will start after 6 months of joining) after all this frustration i came out from them last month after some rough argument with them. Last week i got last paystub from them, shocked to very less amount there, and when i gone through the paystub it was mentioned as deduction for 1500$ , when i called and checked with contact person , they told its deducted for the premium process + flight charge for my relocation.

I went through different forums and found that agreement is illegal between employer and employee even if it is signed, but i would like to confirm the same before taking any legal actions. Please guide me.

These contracts can certainly be enforced. You have to show it to a lawyer to see the exact language. They have to pay for your ticket to home country (not deduct it from your paycheck) when they terminate you.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X