Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Petition I797B Submitted

Hi Everyone,

I need a quick guidance regarding one important query.
    At the time of my H1B interview, VO asked me for my documents that I have received from my employer.
    I have handed over the set of documents to the VO and he took out form I797B and kept it with him and said my Visa is approved.
    I got my stamped visa in couple of days but have not received my original I797B.
    When I searched online about the documents to be carried at the time of entry in the US, it is mentioned that we need to carry the original I&97B which gets verified at the POE(Point of Entry).
    I would be glad if anyone suggest and help me to get this resolved soon as possible.

Thank you all in advance.
    ALOK.

Write to the consulate and ask them to return your original I-797. Not sure why the VO took that kept it with him. Usually that is returned back to the candidate. Your employer can also request a duplicate copy from USCIS.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you Shervin.
      But my employer have to again send the duplicate through the courier.. right??
      I have raised a concern with the consulate and the case is now escalated to the embassy.
      Waiting for their response.
      If someone has gone through similar issue, please share their experience.

Comment

But my employer have to again send the duplicate through the courier.. right??
        >>> That is right. You can also travel using a copy of the approval notice. Let the officer at the POE know that your I-797 original is with the consulate. Carry copies of the email / letter that you sent to the consulate regarding this as proof.

Comment

Thank again Shervin.
          Any idea about the email id to which i can send an email to?
          There are numerous email id's for the consulate.
          Help me to get the one and only email to which i can expect a response
          Thank you for your help.

Comment

I am not sure if emails will work. You will need to send a letter through post. I don't have any email address. You will have to google or talk to the customer service.

Originally posted by alokpise View Post
            Thank again Shervin.
            Any idea about the email id to which i can send an email to?
            There are numerous email id's for the consulate.
            Help me to get the one and only email to which i can expect a response
            Thank you for your help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X