New H1 can be Transfered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New H1 can be Transfered?

Hi I m currently working with Company B on L1(Not resigned yet) and got a new H1 Petition approved from Company A(Effective Date is Oct1st) in US but due to some emergency reasons i m going to India next week .So Can I transfer the new H1 B petition to Company C in India? Is that possible . Will there be any complications in Visa Interview if I get transfer to Company C ?

Please let me know if this is possible or not ? As Company A cannot provide the visa documents for stamping so i want to get that petition Transfer to Company C and go for visa Stamping .

If you can get the petition transferred to company C, then it is possible. You will need a copy of the approval notice to initiate the transfer.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      If you can get the petition transferred to company C, then it is possible. You will need a copy of the approval notice to initiate the transfer.

I have I797 copy and Approved Notice in USCIS website.SO I can transfer H1 B to Company B and Company C?

Comment

Need Info on H1 Transfer 6yrs max out

Hi ,

Currently I m on L1 B with 4 years with Company A in US and got my new H1B approved on 2015 valid till Nov 2017(Oct1st Effective) with Company B .Due to some reasons I m going back to India next week and continue with Company A .
        But my Plans are to Transfer H1B approved petition to Company C.From above question you said it s possible to Transfer. Thanks for the Answer.

So If i come back to US after 1 year(365days) staying in India .I ll come to US on 2016 Nov from a Company C as i have petition till Nov 2017 .So in that case my H1B will reset to 6 years? as i took break 1yr in india?

Please respond me as it helps a lot.

Comment

Nope. It doesn't work that way. To get a fresh 6 years period on H1B, you should stay out of U.S for 365 days and then file a new H1B petition that is subjected to CAP.

Originally posted by zipzap1007 View Post
          Hi ,

Currently I m on L1 B with 4 years with Company A in US and got my new H1B approved on 2015 valid till Nov 2017(Oct1st Effective) with Company B .Due to some reasons I m going back to India next week and continue with Company A .
          But my Plans are to Transfer H1B approved petition to Company C.From above question you said it s possible to Transfer. Thanks for the Answer.

So If i come back to US after 1 year(365days) staying in India .I ll come to US on 2016 Nov from a Company C as i have petition till Nov 2017 .So in that case my H1B will reset to 6 years? as i took break 1yr in india?

Please respond me as it helps a lot.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X