Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F2 to H4 (Wife On F2 visa currently Out of Status for a week) Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 to H4 (Wife On F2 visa currently Out of Status for a week) Help!

Hi ,

My name is Daniel. I was on a F1 Visa, was working during my opt period. My wife on F2 visa moved to United States on Aug. 30 2015. I got H1B approval notice 1 week ago. So now I'm on H1B and my wife is out of status(because she's not F2 anymore because I'm on H1B). Is there any other way, other than asking her to travel back and attend H4 Visa interview and return. Because this is a huge trouble and financially difficult.

At this moment, she's out of status for about a week now. Will this be a major issue which will reduce the chances of getting her H4 Visa approved. I'm hoping you guys could help regarding my situation.

Thank you.

Daniel.

Unfortunately there is no other option now since she is already out of status. You should have filed her COS from F2 to H4 when you filed your F1 to H1B COS. There won't be much impact if the out of status period is less. Advisable to act on it asap.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Unfortunately there is no other option now since she is already out of status. You should have filed her COS from F2 to H4 when you filed your F1 to H1B COS. There won't be much impact if the out of status period is less. Advisable to act on it asap.

Thanks for responding. Have a great weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Samson View Post
        Hi ,

My name is Daniel. I was on a F1 Visa, was working during my opt period. My wife on F2 visa moved to United States on Aug. 30 2015. I got H1B approval notice 1 week ago. So now I'm on H1B and my wife is out of status(because she's not F2 anymore because I'm on H1B). Is there any other way, other than asking her to travel back and attend H4 Visa interview and return. Because this is a huge trouble and financially difficult.

At this moment, she's out of status for about a week now. Will this be a major issue which will reduce the chances of getting her H4 Visa approved. I'm hoping you guys could help regarding my situation.

Thank you.

Daniel.
        What have you done then after ?
        I am in same situation.

Comment

Originally posted by dharmin_e View Post
          What have you done then after ?
          I am in same situation.

Same Situation here..Please help me out

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X