Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regarding H1 B transfer and GC

Hi ,

I work on H1 (starting Oct 1,2015) for company A and I am planning to switch my jobs later this month. IF company B offers me a job then:

1. How long would it take for company B to make transfer of visa from Company A to Company B ?

2. Generally how long does it take for approval of I140 to come ?

3.Is there any specific term for which I have to stay on H1 so that I can apply for EAD on H4 for my wife. ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Originally posted by answerssilly View Post
    Hi ,

I work on H1 (starting Oct 1,2015) for company A and I am planning to switch my jobs later this month. IF company B offers me a job then:

1. How long would it take for company B to make transfer of visa from Company A to Company B ?

2. Generally how long does it take for approval of I140 to come ?

3.Is there any specific term for which I have to stay on H1 so that I can apply for EAD on H4 for my wife. ?

Thanks in advance for your help
    1. 2-4 weeks in Premium processing, 3-6 Months in normal processing for approval to come.
    2. anywhere from 9 Months to 1.5 Year if no audit.
    3. Either 6 Years in US or I140 needs to be approved. https://www.immihelp.com/h4-ead-application-documents/

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Additional question

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. 2-4 weeks in Premium processing, 3-6 Months in normal processing for approval to come.
      2. anywhere from 9 Months to 1.5 Year if no audit.
      3. Either 6 Years in US or I140 needs to be approved. https://www.immihelp.com/h4-ead-application-documents/

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Hi Raghavi - Thanks a lot for your opinion. I wanted to check a couple of things

Does the I140 approval take 9 months-1.5 years with premium processing ? And does the 9 month - 1.5 years wait also include PERM processing wait time ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X