H1 Expiry and extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Expiry and extension

Hi , I have a friend whose visa is expiring on 31st of Dec . He is currently in Minneapolis . However his extension is in process (was submitted in August ) . We are planning to travel to Mexico on December 16th 2015 and come back to 21st December.
    1. Is it safe to travel 10 days before H1 Visa Expiry ?
    2. Since my Visa is in the process of Extension I will be doing my immigration once again from Minneapolis , so I will get a new I94 number . But since my H1 is in extension process , will it cause any issue in my Visa extension process/immigration ( If till that time I haven't received my extension visa ) .

1. Is it safe to travel 10 days before H1 Visa Expiry ?
    >>> You are not supposed to travel when the extension is in progress. If you travel, the extension of stay might get denied.

2. Since my Visa is in the process of Extension I will be doing my immigration once again from Minneapolis , so I will get a new I94 number . But since my H1 is in extension process , will it cause any issue in my Visa extension process/immigration ( If till that time I haven't received my extension visa ) .
    >>> Yes, it will have impact.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X