Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer

Hi,

I have applied for H1B transfer under premium processing, but even after 15 calender days I don't see any update in the status. But my employer informed that transfer has been done and I797 will be coming in mail soon. Now they are asking me to give the tentative joining date. Can I go ahead and inform the old employer in this situation?

Thanks

Hi

When did you apply? For me it's now about 13 calendar days and I still see the notice receipt is mailed.

Originally posted by myusdream View Post
    Hi,

I have applied for H1B transfer under premium processing, but even after 15 calender days I don't see any update in the status. But my employer informed that transfer has been done and I797 will be coming in mail soon. Now they are asking me to give the tentative joining date. Can I go ahead and inform the old employer in this situation?

Thanks

Comment

Not advisable to do so until you see the approval notice. How does the employer know that the petition is approved. When filed in premium, USCIS will send the decision via email. If so, as the employer to send you a copy and then decide.

Hi,

Thanks
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H1B Transfer

Hi,

My employer told that he has filled my premium H1 transfer on 10/08, when can I expect the receipt number to be received.

Thanks in Advance!!

Krishna
        Last edited by kittu532; 10-13-2015, 01:32 PM.

Comment

New employer has forwarded me the autogenerated email received from processing center but it doesn't have I797 in it. It was mentioned I797 will be followed through mail. Is that good enough?

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          Not advisable to do so until you see the approval notice. How does the employer know that the petition is approved. When filed in premium, USCIS will send the decision via email. If so, as the employer to send you a copy and then decide.

Comment

I am not sure. But as per my experience it will be by tomorrow.

Originally posted by kittu532 View Post
            Hi,

My employer told that he has filled my premium H1 transfer on 10/08, when can I expect the receipt number to be received.

Thanks in Advance!!

Krishna
            - - - Updated - - -

I applied on 26th Sept.

Originally posted by h1b_kri View Post
            Hi

When did you apply? For me it's now about 13 calendar days and I still see the notice receipt is mailed.

Comment

H1B Transfer

[QUOTE=myusdream;435024]I am not sure. But as per my experience it will be by tomorrow.

My employer was asking me to join on receiving the receipt number, can I join or do I need to wait till get approval letter.? How long it will take to get it approved once we received the receipt number.

Thanks in Advance!!

Krishna

Comment

It took exactly 15 calender days for me to get the approval. But I did not get my I797 so far. You don't have notice period?
                [QUOTE=kittu532;435050]
                I am not sure. But as per my experience it will be by tomorrow.

My employer was asking me to join on receiving the receipt number, can I join or do I need to wait till get approval letter.? How long it will take to get it approved once we received the receipt number.

Thanks in Advance!!

Krishna

Comment

Yeah I have a notice period of two weeks, i didn't updated my current employer about my change. I am waiting for my receipt number, my new employer is asking me to give notice to current employer on receiving the receipt number.
                  Last edited by kittu532; 10-13-2015, 06:00 PM.

Comment

All the best. As per my experience it took 6-7 working days post receipt number.

Originally posted by kittu532 View Post
                    Yeah I have a notice period of two weeks, i didn't updated my current employer about my change. I am waiting for my receipt number, my new employer is asking me to give notice to current employer on receiving the receipt number.

Comment

15 calander days from receipt or filing?

[QUOTE=myusdream;435051]It took exactly 15 calender days for me to get the approval. But I did not get my I797 so far. You don't have notice period?

Comment

From the date printed on the receipt notice.

Originally posted by h1b_kri View Post
                        15 calander days from receipt or filing?

Comment

Hi,

Ideally once the transfer is done i94 will be tagged to new employer. So, Can we serve the notice period and get the payroll generated with the old employer(Say new employer visa start date is already passed)?

Comment

Yes. No issues as long as your status is H1B with the previous employer too.

Hi,

Ideally once the transfer is done i94 will be tagged to new employer. So, Can we serve the notice period and get the payroll generated with the old employer(Say new employer visa start date is already passed)?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X