Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to work with current employer but H1B is tranferred to new employer-wht to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to work with current employer but H1B is tranferred to new employer-wht to do

Hi All,

Currently I am working with company A and my visa is transferred to company B (I-797 with B is approved). I told employer A about transfer to B and A is ready to transfer my visa back to A from B.

Now I asked employer B about my decision and asked for I-797 and employer B is refusing to provide.

I have receipt number and date.

Employer A is saying that they will file with I-797 approved with B but my question is

1. Does US CIS need I-797 from employer B to tranfer my petition back to A?
    2. What will happen if I don't provide the I-797 from B.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

1. Yes.
    2. Employer A can request copy of approved I797 from USCIS.
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Have you already started working for employer B? If not and if you are still working for employer A, and if employer A's petition and I-9 are still valid, then there is no need to file a transfer back from B to A. You can continue to work for employer A. But if you have already started working for employer B, then a transfer need to be filed from B to A to work for employer A.

Originally posted by pandeyspecial View Post
      Hi All,

Currently I am working with company A and my visa is transferred to company B (I-797 with B is approved). I told employer A about transfer to B and A is ready to transfer my visa back to A from B.

Now I asked employer B about my decision and asked for I-797 and employer B is refusing to provide.

I have receipt number and date.

Employer A is saying that they will file with I-797 approved with B but my question is

1. Does US CIS need I-797 from employer B to tranfer my petition back to A?
      2. What will happen if I don't provide the I-797 from B.

Any information is greatly appreciated.
      - - - Updated - - -

Employer A cannot request USCIS to send them employer B's approval notice. USCIS will decline any such requests.

Originally posted by jnk View Post
      2. Employer A can request copy of approved I797 from USCIS.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
        Have you already started working for employer B? If not and if you are still working for employer A, and if employer A's petition and I-9 are still valid, then there is no need to file a transfer back from B to A. You can continue to work for employer A. But if you have already started working for employer B, then a transfer need to be filed from B to A to work for employer A.

- - - Updated - - -

Employer A cannot request USCIS to send them employer B's approval notice. USCIS will decline any such requests.

I am yet to join employer B but I need to know if there is any legal issue now or in future with non availability of apprval notice from employer B. If it may create any issue then I will have no option other than joining employer B but if its OK, then I would prefer to continue with A.

Comment

It is nice to have all your approval notices. But you are legally allowed to continue to work for employer A. There won't be any issues.

Originally posted by pandeyspecial View Post
          I am yet to join employer B but I need to know if there is any legal issue now or in future with non availability of apprval notice from employer B. If it may create any issue then I will have no option other than joining employer B but if its OK, then I would prefer to continue with A.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X