Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are W2/W3 forms for Petitioner|| Issues 221g pink slip in Singapore for H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are W2/W3 forms for Petitioner|| Issues 221g pink slip in Singapore for H1B

Hi All,

Please help to enlighten me about W2 and W3 forms ?
    I am Indian national, attended H1B visa interview yesterday, never travelled to US earlier, VO given me a pink slip 221g stating reason that need W2/W3 forms for last 3 years of petitioner.
    I had already presented last 3 years Income tax returns of my employer company.

Exact Phrase in 221g says this --> Petitioner W2 and W3 forms for Year 2012, 2013, 2014 in alphabetical order.

As per my info and knowledge after discussion with my employer -> There are no W2 forms for a company. W2 forms are generated by employer and given to individual employee so that they can file their income tax return. W3 is consolidated version of W2 forms.

So does it mean that if my employer has 400 employees in US, I need to arrange for those 400 W2 forms ? That too for 3 years ?
    Means over 1000 over pages ...

I don't think it is practical and reasonable. My employer has already denied me so much of info. I might lose this job offer due to this document request from VO.

Can someone please guide me that is my understanding correct ? They are really expecting W2 forms of all employees ?

Thanks,
    Sunny

any update on your case sunny ? please let me know, I am sailing on the same boat...

any update on your case sunny ? please let me know, I am sailing on the same boat...

Comment

The VO is asking for the employer's tax documents. If you haven't traveled to U.S, then you won't have any W2. However, any company that operates in U.S will need to pay their tax to IRS similar to how an individual will pay their tax. There will be an end of year tax statement for each company. That is exactly what the VO is asking for. If the employer is not willing to hand over a copy of these documents to you, then they can send it directly to the consulate with a copy of your 221g form.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X