I got I797A instead of I797B please guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got I797A instead of I797B please guide

I have received following three forms-I797A-2 pages,I797C and a blank I94 form(highlighted with I-94 information not found.)

I understand I797A and I94 form is issued to people who apply for change of status of visa and are currently residing in US. However I applied for a fresh H1B application and do not have prior H1B visa. Can you please suggest what needs to be done as other colleagues have got I797B.

I have already raised a stamping request. Will this in anyway effect my Visa stamping approval.

Originally posted by akash.jaiswal09 View Post
    I have received following three forms-I797A-2 pages,I797C and a blank I94 form(highlighted with I-94 information not found.)

I understand I797A and I94 form is issued to people who apply for change of status of visa and are currently residing in US. However I applied for a fresh H1B application and do not have prior H1B visa. Can you please suggest what needs to be done as other colleagues have got I797B.

I have already raised a stamping request. Will this in anyway effect my Visa stamping approval.
    Don't think so. Go ahead and attend the interview with I797A itself.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Don't think so. Go ahead and attend the interview with I797A itself.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks for the reply. Is this means there is nothing to worry A or B. I am outside US and never went to US. When I searched its written everywhere that I 797A is given to persons insde US as COS.

Comment

Originally posted by akash.jaiswal09 View Post
        Thanks for the reply. Is this means there is nothing to worry A or B. I am outside US and never went to US. When I searched its written everywhere that I 797A is given to persons insde US as COS.
        Is there any legal catch in this ??

Comment

Don't worry. Forget about the ABC's and read the wording in the notice. It says that the petition has been approved, right? That is sufficient.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
            Don't worry. Forget about the ABC's and read the wording in the notice. It says that the petition has been approved, right? That is sufficient.
            Yes it's says your petition and change of status has been approved.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X