Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passport expired, visa is valid with renewed passport!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport expired, visa is valid with renewed passport!!!

Hi,

I have a situation, where I changed my H1B sponsor and now as I need to do travel, I need to stamp new H1B from Mexico/Canada. I decided to do the same from Mexico.
    Some facts:
    - my spouse and daughter are in H4
    - My wife and I have valid passport till 2017
    - My daughter's passport is getting expired on Feb, 2016

I have couple of doubts/questions on the same which are:

1. Do they allow stamping on a passport which is going to expire before next 6 months?
    2. If they do, and I get it done. When I renew her passport (which will be soon), do I need to re-stamp visa on new passport or old passport with valid visa + new passport are good enough to re-enter in US?

Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by eternity007 View Post
    Hi,

I have a situation, where I changed my H1B sponsor and now as I need to do travel, I need to stamp new H1B from Mexico/Canada. I decided to do the same from Mexico.
    Some facts:
    - my spouse and daughter are in H4
    - My wife and I have valid passport till 2017
    - My daughter's passport is getting expired on Feb, 2016

I have couple of doubts/questions on the same which are:

1. Do they allow stamping on a passport which is going to expire before next 6 months?
    2. If they do, and I get it done. When I renew her passport (which will be soon), do I need to re-stamp visa on new passport or old passport with valid visa + new passport are good enough to re-enter in US?

Thank you in advance.
    1. I dont think they would issue you a visa if passport is expiring within next 6 Months
    2. https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...3D/suggested/1
    If your visa* is in a passport that has expired or will expire within 6 months of the end of your U.S. visit, you will need to get a new passport. However, you do not need to apply for a new visa. Just bring both your new passport and your old passport with the valid visa to present to the CBP Officer when you arrive in the U.S.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X