Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 in RFE H1 approval pending

Hi,
    My H1 visa is getting expired in Dec 8 2015 and my employer has filed for extension and submitted to USCIS on July 8th.
    The status is still showing 'Case Received' (99 days completed already).
    I have submitted my dependents (H4)visa extension along with this and I got a RFE (for dependent visa) requesting to submit the my (H1) I-797 notice of action (Approval notice) to continue processing and the deadline is Nov 7 2015. Even though my receipt number was mentioned in the dependent visa application, looks like they processed the dependents visa before the primary application.
    As my case is not yet approved I don't have the evidence to submit to USCIS for my dependents visa RFE.

Could any one advise the next actions? how can i request to USCIS to extend the deadline?

Thanks
    Asr

Respond back to the RFE with a copy of your H1B extension receipt notice and mention clearly in a letter that your dependent's H4 status extension is requested based on the pending H1B. You can also upgrade your H1B to premium and get the result within 15 days and then respond to the RFE.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Respond back to the RFE with a copy of your H1B extension receipt notice and mention clearly in a letter that your dependent's H4 status extension is requested based on the pending H1B. You can also upgrade your H1B to premium and get the result within 15 days and then respond to the RFE.
      Thanks for the advise, i am going to respond to this RFE and will convert the case to premium.

Comment

H1 Approved, H4 pending and visa expiring soon

Originally posted by asr2015 View Post
        Thanks for the advise, i am going to respond to this RFE and will convert the case to premium.
        Hi,
        I responded to the RFE on Oct 20 requesting to consider both the cases together with copies of my pending H1 receipt notice.
        Employer converted my H1 B along with my H4 to premium mode and H1 extension got approved on November 12. But H4 extension is still pending. I sent a second response to the same RFE with a copy of my H1 approval notice on November 20, but nothing changed and still showing the status as 'response to the RFE has been received' on Oct 20.
        The case is still pending and the visa expiry date is 8-Dec-2015 and I-94 expiry is on 15-Dec-2015. I contacted the customer service and they said it will take normally 60 days to process after the RFE response is received(Oct 20) and asked me to wait till Dec 20 and contact again if it is not approved.
        1. Which date would be considered as visa expiry date? stamped visa validity date (8-Dec) or i-94 validity (15-Dec)?
        2. Can my dependents stay after the visa/i-94 expiry as the case is pending with USCIS?
        3. What will happen if it got denied by any chance after the expiry date? can i re apply?

Thanks for your advice.
        Asr

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X