Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does USCIS take to update status on the system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does USCIS take to update status on the system?

My lawyer sent back the RFE response last week, but until now the status remains "Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed" as if they hadn't received the response.
    Does anybody know how long USCIS take to update the status on the system?

Thanks!

You cannot rely on the online case status all the time. There are cases where it never got updated at all, but a decision was mailed. So what I am trying to say is, just because the case status is not updated, it doesn't mean that USCIS didn't receive your RFE documents. With that said, there is no guaranteed timeline to guess when the case status will get updated. In most cases upon receiving the documents, the status is updated and later updated again when a decision is made.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H1 transfer Premium processing concern...

I am also in the same boat!
      H1 transfer was applied in premium processing for which I got RFE
      Rsponse was sent in 3 days time.
      The website showed "Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received"
      It also specified that the response was received as of 8th October 2015
      But, till date it is the same and I am little worried now.

Hope things move smooth!

Thanks!
      Regards,
      Raj

Comment

Originally posted by RvisaH1 View Post
        My lawyer sent back the RFE response last week, but until now the status remains "Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed" as if they hadn't received the response.
        Does anybody know how long USCIS take to update the status on the system?

Thanks!
        Just hang in there a little bit longer. They are usually prompt about updating the system when they do receive your RFE response. It can happen in the next few days or so. In any case, if you know for sure that the mail you sent reached them (maybe you tracked it), then its just a matter of time. Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X