Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B administration processing: how long can/should I wait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B administration processing: how long can/should I wait?

Hi Everyone!

I appeared for H1B visas with my wife in September 2014 in Mumbai, and was given 221g. They asked for some supporting documents such as pictures of the office, name of the employees, project documents etc. from the employer, most likely because it is a very small company with 4 employees. The employer submitted the documents in January 2015 (took longer than we had hoped for). USCIS visited the office site mid August this year which went pretty well. It has been about 2 months since the office visit, and we still haven't heard anything. Since we submitted the documents, the lawyer, employer and I have contacted the Mumbai visa office multiple times either through phone calls or emails, and have got the same response every time. They just tell us that the visa is under administration processing, and we would be notified when the process is completed or if they need any more information. I am getting a little impatient with the amount of time they are taking. I am not sure what I should do as trying to contact them doesn't give us any new information.

Also, is there a way to apply for a new job and transfer the H1B? Would that be a better option than waiting forever? Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance for your help.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X