Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changed employer and Interview waiver

Hi ,
    I was trying to book for the Interview date in chennai consulate and i got the notification that i am eligible for the Passport dropoff after answering their questionnaire.

these are the questions
    I have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which i wish to apply - YES
    My most recent visa was issued in India -YES
    I received my visa after January 1, 2008 -YES
    My prior visa is not annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”. - YES
    My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was issued on or after my 14th birthday-YES
    I have no refusals for a visa in any class after my most recent visa issuance - YES
    If I am applying for an H or L (individual) visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months. -YES

But they dint ask me if am applying with the same petitioner or not, but i have seen in other sites that petitioner should be same?

I am applying for renewal of H1B visa,expired Apr 2015, changed employer in US

Can anyone advice me?

It used to be like that. Maybe the posts that you are looking at are pretty old. Change in petitioner is not a constraint for VIW anymore. From your response below, you are qualified for VIW.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      It used to be like that. Maybe the posts that you are looking at are pretty old. Change in petitioner is not a constraint for VIW anymore. From your response below, you are qualified for VIW.
      Thank you very much for the info.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X