Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Processing time for H4 extension if H1 extension is filed with premium processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processing time for H4 extension if H1 extension is filed with premium processing

Hi,

My H1B extension (and H4 extension for my wife and son) was filed on 21 September and both application has got different case# one for me and one for dependents(wife and son). Then my application for H1B extension was updated for premium processing on 2 October but the case# did not change. I got RFE on 15 October(and responded back quickly next day) but no change in status on case for dependents.

My question is, if I get approval in next 15 days on my case then will the dependents get approval same time if not how long their processing time could be?

I have plan for travel to India on 2 Nov - 24 Dec, will this time frame be enough for getting approval and stamping?

Any response would be highly appreciated.

The receipt number will be different for each applicant. Premium processing is only for H1B and not for H4. Since your H1B application is upgraded to premium, you will get a decision within 15 days. It is hard to say whether a decision on your dependents will also be made at the same time. Their petition will be taken for processing only after taking a decision on your H1B petition. They can approve the H4 within few days from H1B approval or it can take 2-3 months. Hard to say. It depends on the officer who handles the case.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for your response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X