Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B with New Employer - ( I 140 approved and completed 6 years)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B with New Employer - ( I 140 approved and completed 6 years)

Hi

My I-140 is approved recently and already completed 6 years. I have some query :

1. Can I change Employer ?
    2. If yes , then what happen my Priority dates ? ( I'm not sure current employer will revoke the GC process or continue with that )
    3. If I will get 1 or 2 years H1B petition file with New employer then within this time periods Do I need to file PERM Labor and I-140 both before next H1B Extension ?

Please let me know

Appreciate

Thanks

>>> Yes. You can do that if you have an active I-94.

2. If yes , then what happen my Priority dates ? ( I'm not sure current employer will revoke the GC process or continue with that )
    >>> Priority date can be ported if you have a copy of the approved I-140.

3. If I will get 1 or 2 years H1B petition file with New employer then within this time periods Do I need to file PERM Labor and I-140 both before next H1B Extension ?
    >>> Yes. You need an approved I-140 with the new employer to file further extensions. Not advisable to switch job unless you get a 2-3 year extension on the transfer.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Re: H1B with New Employer - ( I 140 approved and completed 6 years)

Thanks Shervin

If My current employer will revoked the I-140 and I have 3 years extension file with current employer. on this situation If I will transfer my H1B Visa with new employer then what happens for my next Extension or H1B file with New employer and GC process with new employer ?

Pls let me know

thanks

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      >>> Yes. You can do that if you have an active I-94.

>>> Priority date can be ported if you have a copy of the approved I-140.

>>> Yes. You need an approved I-140 with the new employer to file further extensions. Not advisable to switch job unless you get a 2-3 year extension on the transfer.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X