Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer without stamp question

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working for employer A, leaving in about a weeks, but have an offer from employer B, so am going to transfer my H1-B visa to the new employer (they're willing to sponsor and do the transfer).

Problem is, I haven't gone home since working for employer A, thus the stamp in my passport is still from back when I was on an F1 Student visa.

Question: Do I need to go home and get that stamp before being able to work for employer B? One of the requirements I read was to have the stamp when transferring visas, so not sure what I can do here.

Follow-up question: Roughly how long would this process take before I can work from employer B?

Thanks!

Question: Do I need to go home and get that stamp before being able to work for employer B? One of the requirements I read was to have the stamp when transferring visas, so not sure what I can do here.
    >>> Not required. You can start working for employer B once the transfer is filed and once you have received the H1B transfer receipt notice.

Follow-up question: Roughly how long would this process take before I can work from employer B?
    >>> Assuming you are currently in H1B status in U.S, you are allowed to begin working for employer B upon receiving the H1B transfer receipt notice.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X