H1B transfer and H4 extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer and H4 extension

My current H1B and dependent H4 visa validity is till Dec-15.
    In Aug-15 I transferred my H1B from employer A to employer B in premium processing. While submitting H1B transfer request employer B submitted both transfer and extension request for H1B and H4 petitions. After submitting the case to uscis I got 2 different receipt notice one for H1B and second one for H4 extension; and within 14 days I got approval notice for only my H1B transfer with extended I-94 date (Jul-17) but I haven't received any approval notice for H4 extension.

When I check case status of H4 extension it still shows in received status. After calling to USCIS service center they said I have wait for H4 extension approval as there current processing timeframe says May-2015. But when I check with my colleagues and friends who transferred there H1B visa, they got approval notice for both H1B and H4 together.

So Is this common while submitting H1B and H4 transfer together, only H1B get approved under premium processing timeframe and need to wait for H4 extension to get approved under normal processing timeframe?

Yes it is common. There is no premium processing for H4. Some officers tend to approved both H1B and H4 at the same time. But it is necessarily not always the case.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Yes it is common. There is no premium processing for H4. Some officers tend to approved both H1B and H4 at the same time. But it is necessarily not always the case.
      Thanks for reply shervin143.

How long my dependent (H4 visa) can stay in US while the case in received status? I still didn't received any further update on H4 extension case status and as per USCIS website, processing time for Vermont center is showing for some date from May-15. Current H4 visa and I-94 is valid till 31-Dec-15 and need advice if my dependent needs to travel back to India before 31-Dec-15 and come back after doing visa stamping using my H1B transfer approved petition.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X