URGENT - Mumbai visa dates and change of interview location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT - Mumbai visa dates and change of interview location

I am applying for my H1B visa interview this December and visiting Mumbai for the same. But I was unable to get the desired appointment dates since all dates were booked and I ended up booking an appointment date 2 days before my scheduled departure from India. (I have my Visa appointment on 22th Dec and I am leaving on 25th Dec). So now I have 2 questions:

1) When is the earliest that I can expect my stamped passport to be returned for pickup at the Mumbai Trade Center? On the website, it is written that the stamped passport takes 2-3 business days at least to return. Is there any way to expedite the passport stamping process or mention my urgency to the officials before/during/after my visa interview?

2) If I reschedule my appointment to another city which has dates available, will that diminish my chances to get the visa or make the interview process harder (as I have heard)? I live in Pune so Mumbai is the closest option and previously I had applied at the Mumbai Consulate for my F1 visa. Given the circumstances, I am willing to visit another city for the interview. But I have heard that changing the interview location can lead to more questions being asked during the interview process on change of location.

Please advice! Any experiences/information will help.

Thanks,
    Sharvari

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X