Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H!B visa - Port of Entry is different from where my employer is. Worried!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing amendment

Thank you again very much again !
    Do you think if I would chose the second option (travel to CA later to TX then file amendment ) right after filing can I fly back to UK and wait for the amendment result there?
    Or do I have to stay in Texas until I get the result from the authorities ?
    Thank you!
    John

Comment

You can travel back to U.S after filing the amendment. But it is advisable to re-enter back only after receiving the approval for the amendment. That way you can carry the amended approval notice when you re-enter.

Originally posted by suee View Post
      Thank you again very much again !
      Do you think if I would chose the second option (travel to CA later to TX then file amendment ) right after filing can I fly back to UK and wait for the amendment result there?
      Or do I have to stay in Texas until I get the result from the authorities ?
      Thank you!
      John
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Different port of entry

HI!
        We have been thinking a lot on what to do and what would be the best option and we have decided we go for the other option and get a well written supporting letter from my employer and enter to Texas together (all the family ) at the end of November. So possibly I will make the amendment once being there.

I really hope we have taken the right decision but after you and even the company's lawyer saying it will be alright this way and after considering all our possibilities we have decided to do on this way.
        On the letter we ask my employer to explain very wwll the reason why I am in Texas.
        Do you think the letter has to contain also that if it is needed later we file the amendment. Or better not to mention the possible amendment filing in this letter only to tell the officer about.
        Another question please:
        I have already rented a house in Texas for one year. Do you think when the officer will ask me where we are going to live in the area will I have no trouble by telling him I have already rented a house? Since this would be a kind of evidence of my willing to stay in Texas for longer period.
        Actually we wanted to rent a house for shorter time period since we knew our situation can be changed once being in Texas. But it was impossible to rent a house from UK for shorter time than one year. It was because of the lack of my USA credit history. The minimum was one year lease I could find.
        Do you think would it be OK to tell him this?
        (so many worries ..thank you very much for your help again!)
        john

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
        You can travel back to U.S after filing the amendment. But it is advisable to re-enter back only after receiving the approval for the amendment. That way you can carry the amended approval notice when you re-enter.

Comment

It will be a problem if the officer is not convinced that you are entering Texas for your orientation / training. Your work location cannot be Texas since an amendment is not filed. It is up to you and your employer to write a convincing letter regd. why your POE is Texas. If the officers is convinced that you will go back to CA after your initial training or employment orientation, then you are fine. Saying that you will enter Texas first and file an amendment is not good.

About your stay, technically the employer can provide a temp accommodation. There is no necessary for you to say that you have already rented the house in Texas. The reason they ask for the address is to contact you in case they need to.

HI!
          We have been thinking a lot on what to do and what would be the best option and we have decided we go for the other option and get a well written supporting letter from my employer and enter to Texas together (all the family ) at the end of November. So possibly I will make the amendment once being there.

I really hope we have taken the right decision but after you and even the company's lawyer saying it will be alright this way and after considering all our possibilities we have decided to do on this way.
          On the letter we ask my employer to explain very wwll the reason why I am in Texas.
          Do you think the letter has to contain also that if it is needed later we file the amendment. Or better not to mention the possible amendment filing in this letter only to tell the officer about.
          Another question please:
          I have already rented a house in Texas for one year. Do you think when the officer will ask me where we are going to live in the area will I have no trouble by telling him I have already rented a house? Since this would be a kind of evidence of my willing to stay in Texas for longer period.
          Actually we wanted to rent a house for shorter time period since we knew our situation can be changed once being in Texas. But it was impossible to rent a house from UK for shorter time than one year. It was because of the lack of my USA credit history. The minimum was one year lease I could find.
          Do you think would it be OK to tell him this?
          (so many worries ..thank you very much for your help again!)
          john
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

some more "silly" questions..POE H1B

Thank you again, very good sources of information again!
            I appreciate so much that I can discuss these details with you. thank you really.

1. So I can give the officer my house address but saying this is a temporary location provided by my employer? Or should I better arrange another accommodation in a hotel and give that address to him as temporary location?
            So the most important is to convince the officer I am in Texas temporary for orientation and later on ( let's say after like 1-2 weeks) I keep going to CA.
            We will make this letter with the company this week don't you mind when is ready I post it here for you just for a quick overview ? it would be a big help again.

2. And once being already in Texas and when it "turns out" that it is better for me to stay in Texas my employer's lawyer will file the Amendment in CA? is that right?

3. Another family member ( my mum) will travel with us, since we will need help on the airplane with my special need son. But she is coming on a visitor visa just accompany us on the long flight and help us physically than she flies back home. Do you think we would have any problems/complications with her coming with us?

4. Also we will not have flight booked to CA. Would it be a problem?
            (We know that would help for us to convince the officer that we keep going to CA. but we do not have this either)

5. Honestly what do you think what are our chances with a good written supporting letter from the employer that we will be able to enter in Texas with these conditions ?

I know these seem to be silly questions, but I am worried now and trying to work everything what can mean a complication in our case. Since it is too much to risk...

Thank you again,
            john

Comment

Hi Again!
              Just a quick question please again.
              Do you have any idea that in case I have the approved amendment for the H1B what approves the different Port Of Entry (POE) and all other documents well and properly prepared, will we have smooth entry to USA in Dallas.
              I am just asking it and worrying about as we have red that the Immigration Officer at the POE has the full authority on deciding if we can enter or not to USA.

Can he/she deny my (our) entry to the states despite the amendment for the different work location, just because he/she thinks so and takes a different decision on it ?
              We have been thinking traveling and entering together with my family to USA at the first time ( wife, two children one of them special need ) but now I am thinking on go ahead alone ensure my entry so my family would have no trouble at the immigration office and entering after me. Do you think it would be a wise idea to do?
              It would cost extra money but if there is a risk of entering despite my proper documents I would rather chose this way. Do you think would it be needed to take this step? what are the chances that the officer at the POE would deny somebody''s entry with all proper documents?
              Thank you very much again, sorry for digging so much inside..but I have to be extra sure. Traveling-relocation with two little children (one of them special need) is a big decision and involves so many risks.
              Thank you
              john
              Hello there, would you mind explaining what action you took in your case? My wife is planning to travel to India for 2 months. We live and work in New York and my employer is in Illinois. I am concerned what the port of entry should be. I believe my H1B amendment has already been filed with new LCA as NY work location but I wanted to make sure there wouldn't be any problems with it. Kindly help with your response at the earliest. Thanks again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X