Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needCounter offer from current employer to apply L1B, when resigned as I got H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needCounter offer from current employer to apply L1B, when resigned as I got H1B

Dear all, upon receiving H1B visa this week from Company B, i resigned fro Company A stating that i am moving to US for better prospects. Having worked with Company A ( good global repute) for long period, they said that i should have not assumed and atleast should have asked for US transfer possibility with on L1B. Now they are offering to apply for L1B. I wanted to know if having H1B could jeopardize my L1B application or not. I would prefer to continue with Company A. Thanks in advance

Regards,
    abhijit0070

Originally posted by abhijit0070 View Post
    Dear all, upon receiving H1B visa this week from Company B, i resigned fro Company A stating that i am moving to US for better prospects. Having worked with Company A ( good global repute) for long period, they said that i should have not assumed and atleast should have asked for US transfer possibility with on L1B. Now they are offering to apply for L1B. I wanted to know if having H1B could jeopardize my L1B application or not. I would prefer to continue with Company A. Thanks in advance

Regards,
    abhijit0070
    Why they cant transfer the H1 petition instead of doing L1? I personally feel chances of L1 are lower compared to H1 , so would suggest you suggest to them that you would be traveling to US with employer B, and then to either transfer the H1 once you are in US or you go ask them to file H1 to L1 while you are in US. This way you are at least guaranteed being in US. This of course if you are fine with employer B and employer B is not just a body shopper who will in turn look for project or employment for you.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X