Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 - H4 stamping IWP dropbox

Hi,
    I am in USA since last 5 years and traveling to India for my marriage.
    Myself and my wife both have to go for stamping. I am renewing my H1 and my wife will get a new H4.
    I completed the DS160 for both of us. While filling out application, i added my wife as my spouse and decided to go with one application.

At step 7, in the application process, it asks various questions about my H1 to figure out if i am eligible for IWP(dropbox).
    It shows i am eligible and asking for a payment of both the applicants.

Just curious, since my wife will be getting a fresh H4, how we both are eligible for dropbox?
    Called up support and explained my situation, they said they are not authorized to make a decision on this and asked me to do what the system tells.

I am bit worried, if on the dropping day they say my wife has to get a new appointment for biometrics and interview, it will delay the process.

Anyone had similar situation? please help.

Thanks

Did you fill two separate DS160 one for you and one for your spouse? Your wife won't be eligible for IWP. You can schedule two separate interviews instead of combining them.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Yes i have filled two separate DS160 and in my ds160 i added her as a travel companion and in her ds160 i am traveling companion.
      Do i need to remove the traveling companions and take two different appointments? or traveling companion is fine?

Comment

Travel companion can be left alone. No issues with that.

Originally posted by mihir_ray07 View Post
        Yes i have filled two separate DS160 and in my ds160 i added her as a travel companion and in her ds160 i am traveling companion.
        Do i need to remove the traveling companions and take two different appointments? or traveling companion is fine?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          Travel companion can be left alone. No issues with that.
          what you did, could you please share your experience. I am in the same situation as yours and confused what to do? should i create a new login for my wife and book an appointment for her alone instead of doing together? Please advise. Many thanks !!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X