Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Stamping Query..

Hello Everybody
    I need your valuable suggestion. I have approved petition till Feb 2016 but no stamping. We are going to India on November end and go for visa stamping. I got my h1b extension through PP for another 3 year which starts from February 2016. So my question is
    a. Which I 797 I'll use for my visa appointment?
    b. What happen if I use new one (Are they also stamped on my current one?)
    c. Is there any issues if I use my new one?

>>> Most recent one ofcourse. Why will you use the one with less validity?

>>> You should use the new one, but carry both old and new approval notice to the interview and while entering U.S to show them both at the POE.

>>> You should be using the new one and not the old one.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post

>>> You should use the new one, but carry both old and new approval notice to the interview and while entering U.S to show them both at the POE.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Comment

Any suggestion?

I did my bachelor in computer science India and worked for 3 years in Company X and I came to the USA to study Music production in 2012, after studying music production, I got my OPT for 12 months. During that OPT I actually worked on two jobs First at company Y, As a Recording Engineer(Unpaid, related to my music degree) and Second as (paid, part-time contract unrelated to my music degree) Software Engineer at Company Z, however in SEVIS record I only reported Y. Later I got into company W as database engineer and before my OPT get expired I got enrolled into master program in May 2014 and got the CPT to start to continue working with company W and Later joined U, who filed for my H1b and now I’ve H1B with company U and I’m going to H1B Stamping in India.

DS - 160 asks for previous 5 years of work history and also only three work info can be filled online and for the rest of them I need to carry just the documents.
        What job information I should mentioned avoiding any extra questions. I know I should not have worked on the IT field when I had the degree in Music field in the USA, though I had the bachelor in computer science. What steps should be taken to avoid any issue with stamping?

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post

One more question
          What happen at POE? Do I need to tell them that I have my new petition stamped?

Comment

You don't need to tell them anything. Just show your passport and hand over both your current and the previous valid approval notices. Make sure your extended approval notice is at the top and you get an I-94 matching the extended petition.

Originally posted by book4me View Post
            One more question
            What happen at POE? Do I need to tell them that I have my new petition stamped?
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X