Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I travel outside USA while H1B Amendment is in Progress

Hello there,

I have moved to a new project with a new LCA and my company has filed for H1B amendment (in July 2015) and status is still in progress.

Can I travel outside US for couple of weeks while the amendment is still in progress ?
    USICS Processing time for H1B Amendment ?

DRG.

++ Bump

Comment

Can I travel outside US for couple of weeks while the amendment is still in progress ?
      >>> Did the employer file just the amendment or did they also request for an extension. Are you planning to return back before or after receiving the approval on the amendment?

USICS Processing time for H1B Amendment ?
      >>> 5-6 months by normal process and 15 days by premium.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Employer is filing only H1 B Amendment as my work location and client changed.

Yes, I am expected to travel back in 2 weeks, that would be while the amendment is still in process by USCIS.

Comment

You need the amended approval notice to show at the POE. If you are okay with taking a bit of risk, then you need at least a copy of the approved LCA for the new location and the H1B amendment receipt notice in addition to the previous approval notice to show at the POE upon your return.

Originally posted by drg View Post
          Employer is filing only H1 B Amendment as my work location and client changed.

Yes, I am expected to travel back in 2 weeks, that would be while the amendment is still in process by USCIS.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X