Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 transfer is in process - applying H4 for Kid ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer is in process - applying H4 for Kid ?

Hi ,

I have valid h1 visa upto Aug 2016 , now i am in process of H1 transfer applied on July , got receipt number . But not yet approved. I am planning to apply for H4 for my kid , she is in India . Actually planning to bring her in April 2016.

Can I apply now ? or Have to wait for transfer to complete.

Please advise me.

Thanks,
    Rambabu

You can apply now as long as you are still with your old employer and haven't started working for the new employer based on the receipt notice.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      You can apply now as long as you are still with your old employer and haven't started working for the new employer based on the receipt notice.
      I have started working with new employer .. I got reciept on Aug 21st , waiting for approval. I have visa upto Aug 2016 with Old Employer.

Comment

Your visa is no use when your dependents apply for H4 visa. Your H1B approval notice is what is needed. You can no longer use your old employers approval notice since you no longer work for them. Your dependents will need your current employer's approval notice to apply for their H4 visas at the U.S consulate.

Originally posted by rtalapaneni View Post
        I have started working with new employer .. I got reciept on Aug 21st , waiting for approval. I have visa upto Aug 2016 with Old Employer.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X