Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping Question

Hi,

So I haven't gone home since I started using my H1-b, and am about to go home to get the visa stamp in my passport. However, I just left my current job, and accepted an offer from a new company. I haven't started working for my new company yet, so I don't have any documents besides the signed offer letter. So my question is, can I go home and get the stamp? Or do I need to start working for the new employer first?

Thanks!

Originally posted by jmpangk View Post
    Hi,

So I haven't gone home since I started using my H1-b, and am about to go home to get the visa stamp in my passport. However, I just left my current job, and accepted an offer from a new company. I haven't started working for my new company yet, so I don't have any documents besides the signed offer letter. So my question is, can I go home and get the stamp? Or do I need to start working for the new employer first?

Thanks!
    Are you on h1 status but not working/getting paid? That would make you out of status. Do you have the approved I797 of new employer?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Are you on h1 status but not working/getting paid? That would make you out of status. Do you have the approved I797 of new employer?
      Yes, I'm in between jobs right now. I already have the new offer letter signed but haven't started yet. Does this mean I can't go home yet?

Comment

When did you receive your last pay slip? How long are you out of job?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          When did you receive your last pay slip? How long are you out of job?
          My last pay slip was for the 31st of October, and I'm starting the new job in 2 weeks (Nov 16).

Comment

When are you planning to leave the country?
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H1-B Stamping in Toronto Canada - VO Says approved but kept I-797 along with passport

Hi All,

I am in a weird situation, can someone help me understand this...

1) I had interview today for H1-B for me and H4 for my family. VO after few questions has told us that our visa is approved and I will get the passports in 5 business days at selected location and there will be notification sent to collect documents. We were very happy that all is done.

However, he has kept our passports and I-797 original back with him. I did not realize that my I-797 was with him at before I leave the building. Later I thought to check with the security guy if he can help me get it back then he advised me to talk to a guy at the CSC consulate. I met him and asked that my original I-797 is still with VO and how can I get it back. He told me that they keep I-797 back and you will get it along with the passport. I checked with him twice and he said the same thing. None of my friends had their I-797 kept with VO and was returned back.

Is this normal?

2) When I was back home, I checked the DS-160 online status for me and my family and it says the last status updated today and status is "Administrative Processing". I am now completely confused and worried as the VO has said it is approved and passport will be delivered in 5 business days but the online says Administrative Processing.

U.S. Department of State
              NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
              Administrative Processing
              Application ID or Case Number: YYYY YYYY X
              Case Creation Date: 03-Nov-2015
              Status Updated Date: 05-Nov-2015

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks, or longer. As explained on the day of your interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment.

Please help

Comment

Originally posted by PrashK View Post
                Hi All,

I am in a weird situation, can someone help me understand this...

1) I had interview today for H1-B for me and H4 for my family. VO after few questions has told us that our visa is approved and I will get the passports in 5 business days at selected location and there will be notification sent to collect documents. We were very happy that all is done.

However, he has kept our passports and I-797 original back with him. I did not realize that my I-797 was with him at before I leave the building. Later I thought to check with the security guy if he can help me get it back then he advised me to talk to a guy at the CSC consulate. I met him and asked that my original I-797 is still with VO and how can I get it back. He told me that they keep I-797 back and you will get it along with the passport. I checked with him twice and he said the same thing. None of my friends had their I-797 kept with VO and was returned back.

Is this normal?

2) When I was back home, I checked the DS-160 online status for me and my family and it says the last status updated today and status is "Administrative Processing". I am now completely confused and worried as the VO has said it is approved and passport will be delivered in 5 business days but the online says Administrative Processing.

U.S. Department of State
                NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
                Administrative Processing
                Application ID or Case Number: YYYY YYYY X
                Case Creation Date: 03-Nov-2015
                Status Updated Date: 05-Nov-2015

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks, or longer. As explained on the day of your interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment.

Please help

First of all its rude to hijack an active thread to highlight your concern. You are unnecessarily panicking. They will send the petition back.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
                  First of all its rude to hijack an active thread to highlight your concern. You are unnecessarily panicking. They will send the petition back.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
                  I apologize raghvi, I didn't mean to. Thanks! I will start a new thread and thanks for the info.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X