Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B Consular Processing Transfer

Hello Everyone,
    I got my H-1B approved under Consular Processing with my employer. Due to budget problems, I was laid off. By default, my SEVIS got completed on Oct 1st though it shouldn't have happened. I spoke to my DSO and I have applied for Correction. I would like know few things:
    1. How long would it take to correct my F-1?
    2. Is it possible to transfer my H-1B to another employer? I have not got it stamped on my passport yet.
    Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Ravi

1. How long would it take to correct my F-1?
    >>> Can't answer that. You will need to check that with your DSO.

2. Is it possible to transfer my H-1B to another employer? I have not got it stamped on my passport yet.
    >>> Possible.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hello shervin143,
      Thank you for your response. Just a quick clarification. So you mean to say that, even though my H-1B is not activated right now, I would be able to transfer it.. Right?

Comment

Yes. People have done that post Oct 1st. However, there are cases where USCIS has issued RFEs for the same. With proper response to the RFE, there are cases where it eventually got approved.

Originally posted by ravi0989 View Post
        Hello shervin143,
        Thank you for your response. Just a quick clarification. So you mean to say that, even though my H-1B is not activated right now, I would be able to transfer it.. Right?

Comment

Thank you for making that clear. Just another question. If they issued an RFE, will I able to travel internationally on F-1? Thank you in advance

Comment

Not if the H1B is filed as a COS from F1. If you travel outside U.S, the COS will be denied.

Originally posted by ravi0989 View Post
            Thank you for making that clear. Just another question. If they issued an RFE, will I able to travel internationally on F-1? Thank you in advance

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X