Port of entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port of entry

I was working on H1B status and also got my H1B visa stamping done in india . while I was india I had to undergo an emergency surgery and had to quit my job, I am now planning to come to US and its only been 2 months that I got my visa stamped, so do you think that there will be an issue at the port of entry? Or Do I need to find a job first and then go to US?

Originally posted by shashi1409 View Post
    I was working on H1B status and also got my H1B visa stamping done in india . while I was india I had to undergo an emergency surgery and had to quit my job, I am now planning to come to US and its only been 2 months that I got my visa stamped, so do you think that there will be an issue at the port of entry? Or Do I need to find a job first and then go to US?
    You need to first get a job and using that employer's petition enter US. As and when you enter US the first thing they going to ask you is who is your employer and what is your role. If you say you are going to search for one after entering US , you will most probably deported back.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Hi raghvi,

I have an employer and I was working as a consultant at the client location and the job I quit is the CLIENT ASSIGNMENT and NOT the actual employment with the petitioner, so do I still need to find a project and come back to US.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X