Urgent Help I-129 wrong gender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help I-129 wrong gender

While preparing my documents for upcoming H1-B stamping visa interview scheduled on Nov 30 2015 in India, I came across a significant typo in my H1-B petition (I 129) form that was filed by my attorney and later approved by USCIS in April 2014.

My gender is wrongly listed as female in the application (i-129). This typo is negligence on part of the immigration lawyer.

Also, my company headquarter address listed in the petition has since changed but still within the state limits, but my CLIENT location is still the same.

I wanted to know if this may lead to significant delays in the visa or possible rejection during the interview and if it is possible to get it fixed before my interview.

Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Well, the only way to fix it is by filing an amendment. Not sure how seriously the VO might take this issue and whether he/she will issue a 221g for the correction. Check your company attorney to see what they say.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi,

Can you please tell me what happened in regards to getting the Gender changed on the Visa that was issues?

Comment

Originally posted by donnelly9 View Post
        Hi,

Can you please tell me what happened in regards to getting the Gender changed on the Visa that was issues?
        I contacted my attorney and she got in touch with the USCIS on phone and USCIS addressed it. I had no problems during my interview. Hope this helps.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X