Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Stamping Question at Toronto, Canada Location

Hi All,

I am in a weird situation, can someone help me understand this...

1) I had interview today for H1-B for me and H4 for my family. VO after few questions has told us that our visa is approved and I will get the passports in 5 business days at selected location and there will be notification sent to collect documents. We were very happy that all is done.

However, he has kept our passports and I-797 original back with him. I did not realize that my I-797 was with him at before I leave the building. Later I thought to check with the security guy if he can help me get it back then he advised me to talk to a guy at the CSC consulate. I met him and asked that my original I-797 is still with VO and how can I get it back. He told me that they keep I-797 back and you will get it along with the passport. I checked with him twice and he said the same thing. None of my friends had their I-797 kept with VO and was returned back.

Is this normal?

2) When I was back home, I checked the DS-160 online status for me and my family and it says the last status updated today and status is "Administrative Processing". I am now completely confused and worried as the VO has said it is approved and passport will be delivered in 5 business days but the online says Administrative Processing.

U.S. Department of State
    NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
    Administrative Processing
    Application ID or Case Number: YYYY YYYY X
    Case Creation Date: 03-Nov-2015
    Status Updated Date: 05-Nov-2015

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks, or longer. As explained on the day of your interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment.

Please help

HIB stamping

Originally posted by PrashK View Post
    Hi All,

I am in a weird situation, can someone help me understand this...

1) I had interview today for H1-B for me and H4 for my family. VO after few questions has told us that our visa is approved and I will get the passports in 5 business days at selected location and there will be notification sent to collect documents. We were very happy that all is done.

However, he has kept our passports and I-797 original back with him. I did not realize that my I-797 was with him at before I leave the building. Later I thought to check with the security guy if he can help me get it back then he advised me to talk to a guy at the CSC consulate. I met him and asked that my original I-797 is still with VO and how can I get it back. He told me that they keep I-797 back and you will get it along with the passport. I checked with him twice and he said the same thing. None of my friends had their I-797 kept with VO and was returned back.

Is this normal?

2) When I was back home, I checked the DS-160 online status for me and my family and it says the last status updated today and status is "Administrative Processing". I am now completely confused and worried as the VO has said it is approved and passport will be delivered in 5 business days but the online says Administrative Processing.

U.S. Department of State
    NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
    Administrative Processing
    Application ID or Case Number: YYYY YYYY X
    Case Creation Date: 03-Nov-2015
    Status Updated Date: 05-Nov-2015

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks, or longer. As explained on the day of your interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment.

Please help
    The administrative processing is normal. It says that it can take several weeks as a worse case scenario but no need to worry since you were told it's approved. In a few days the status will change.
    This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by samlynn View Post
      The administrative processing is normal. It says that it can take several weeks as a worse case scenario but no need to worry since you were told it's approved. In a few days the status will change.
      Thank you samlynn!

Comment

Hi can you please advise how long it took? i am in this situation now and i need to fly next week and i am so worried

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X