Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

Change of role in H1B Extension / I-94 Extension

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Change of role in H1B Extension / I-94 Extension

    I am in United States on H1B Visa on a "Computer Programmer" role. If I change my role to something other than Computer programmer when my H1B goes into extension than do I need to go for LCA only or I have to go for Petition Amendment?

    Also, will the role change affect my salary in any way?

  • #2
    That can be handled when your extension is applied by filing a new LCA and upon approval filing the H1B petition for the new role.
    Salary details need to be checked with your employer. USCIS does not force anything on that part. DOL will look to make sure that you are getting more than the minimum wage.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.