X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need information regarding new H1 petition

Hi All,

I'm now working with an MNC in India.

I filed my H1 with a consultancy this year, got approval and done the stamping as well. Now I'm waiting for the travel date from the consultancy.

Meanwhile, my current employer is willing to file a new petition for me, off course, it'll be cap exempt. But I've got the following queries, keeping in mind my new petition gets approved.

1. Do I need to go for stamping again?

2. If yes, the VO gonna see the already stamped passport and the previous petition details. Isn't it going to create any issues?

>>> Not required.

2. If yes, the VO gonna see the already stamped passport and the previous petition details. Isn't it going to create any issues?
    >>> There will be no issues. The VO will cancel the old visa and will issue a new H1B visa based on the new petition.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      >>> Not required.

>>> There will be no issues. The VO will cancel the old visa and will issue a new H1B visa based on the new petition.
      Thanks Shervin. I also checked that I'm eligible for Dropbox submission.

So you mean to say, if I send my passport for stamping again, they will issue a new visa. If not, I should be able to fly with the old visa and new approved petition i 797?

Comment

It doesn't work that way. When you go for visa stamping (whether directly or through dropbox), the first thing they will do is cancel your previous H1B visa in the passport and then decide whether to issue you new visa or not based on the documents you submit for the new employer. So the possibility is, you get your new visa stamped or the new visa gets declined and the old one gets cancelled.

Originally posted by lnm8910 View Post
        Thanks Shervin. I also checked that I'm eligible for Dropbox submission.

So you mean to say, if I send my passport for stamping again, they will issue a new visa. If not, I should be able to fly with the old visa and new approved petition i 797?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X