X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling to US after applying H1

Hi guys,
    I have a question...

My employer will file for my H1 next year (once again and hoping that I'll be 3rd time lucky). Now mine is a large organization and generally they are done with their documentation by the end of Jan or early Feb at max.
    Here is the problem.. I have H4 visa as well and may have to go to US around mid March or early April to visit my family. It'll be short trip. max 2-3 weeks. I know avoiding the travel is the best option but in case I do, does it mean that my visa application will automatically be rejected? I'll obviously not be able to furnish my latest I-94 details if I travel.

-- Plz advice.

Originally posted by unlucky_H1 View Post
    Hi guys,
    I have a question...

My employer will file for my H1 next year (once again and hoping that I'll be 3rd time lucky). Now mine is a large organization and generally they are done with their documentation by the end of Jan or early Feb at max.
    Here is the problem.. I have H4 visa as well and may have to go to US around mid March or early April to visit my family. It'll be short trip. max 2-3 weeks. I know avoiding the travel is the best option but in case I do, does it mean that my visa application will automatically be rejected? I'll obviously not be able to furnish my latest I-94 details if I travel.

-- Plz advice.
    H1 petition would not be decided based on whether you are in US or not, it is decided based upon the genuineness of work and employer's ability to pay you as per law. So your H4 travel would not impact the H1 petition decision.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X