Query on H1B transfer time delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query on H1B transfer time delay

Hi, I have changed employer recently and my H1b transfer process started when I joined my new employer. The case was received by USCIS on 6th July, 2015. There was a spelling mistake from their end and that was corrected on 3rd August, 2015. From then, till date the status in USCIS online status tracker shows as : " My name was Updated". For my dependents (H4) the status shows "my case was received" and date as 6th July,2015. As the time when my transfer happened, USCIS was not doing premium processing for a brief time, it was done in normal processing. Now I am confused as almost 4 months have passed but no updates on the status whatsoever. Please advise on what to do as my original VISA has been expired long back ( I was on I-94 extension) and only after I get my approved petition, my dependents can do stamping and come back from India (they travelled to India a couple of months back). Shall I wait a few more days or file for premium processing now , on my own? I am afraid if they send a RFE towards the end of stipulated time, I may not have enough time to get my petition approved. Please advise. All suggestions are welcome.

These days it is taking about 4-5 months to get a decision. Your attorney can take an infopass appointment with USCIS to discuss the case. You can also upgrade the case to premium and get the decision within 15 days.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X