Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrying a pet dog on H1B

Hi All,

I am in the process of applying for an H1B visa. I have a pet dog whom i would like to take along to the US once i get the visa. Am i permitted to carry pets while on H1B?

Appreciate your guidance.

Thanks

Pets must have gone through a recent health checkup, appear healthy and be up to date on all vaccinations. You must have those records with you at POE

CDC is imposing a temporary ban on pets from certain countries starting July 14, 2021. Therefore, make sure your country is not on that list. If it is, you need to follow the steps and get an advance approval (only available for service dogs, US citizens , US residents and Us government employees)
    Information on how to apply for a CDC Dog Import Permit when coming from a high-risk country for dog rabies, including the application form.

Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

How did everything go?

Comment

Yes, you're permitted to bring your pet dog on an H1B visa. ​Make sure to check the specific requirements for pet travel, including vaccinations and paperwork. Remember to pack pet medication without prescription for any necessary treatments during the journey. Best of luck with your move!

Last edited by Annlopez; 03-28-2024, 03:22 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X