Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I work part-time on H1-B

Hello

I'm currently on H1-B working for an Employer.

I've got an opportunity to work part-time (for about 8-10 hrs a week) with one of my previous contacts. Here are my questions on this

1. Can I work part-time with another company? Without ammending my H1?
    2. How many hrs per week can I work?
    3. Do I need to inform my employer on this?

Regards
    Kesari
    Last edited by kiransaravi; 11-16-2015, 11:44 PM.

1. Can I work part-time with another company? Without amending my H1?
    >>> When you are in H1B, you cannot earn money through any other source other than through your employer who sponsored your H1B. That being said, if you want to work for another employer on a part time basis, then the 2nd employer will need to file a *CONCURRENT* H1B petition for part time work. When that gets approved, you can work for that employer on a part tiem basis.

2. How many hrs per week can I work?
    >>> That is up to you. The 2nd employer who will file the concurrent petition will need to file a new LCA and get it approved and based on that file the H1B. You have to fulfill the requirements on the LCA. If the LCA is filed and approved for 20 hours a week, then you need to fulfill that requirement.

3. Do I need to inform my employer on this?
    >>> Not required from USCIS side. Most full time employer have a clause that the employer should not work for other employers while employed with them. So check what you have signed while joining the employer.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X