Tourist visa to h4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourist visa to h4

My H1B visa is expired and extension is filed with USCIS in july.
    My employer is not changing my case into premium mode though i have pursued them several times.
    My dependents are stuck in india and I'm unable to file her H4.

My question is,
    1. will there be any issues in filing tourist visa for my dependents?
    if i do so, will there be a probability of it getting rejected
    2. if tourist visa has got approved, can it be convered to H4 at later point in time?
    3. suppose if tourist visa has got rejected, will it affect when i file H4 for my dependents?

My H1B visa is expired and extension is filed with USCIS in july.
    My employer is not changing my case into premium mode though i have pursued them several times.
    My dependents are stuck in india and I'm unable to file her H4.
    >>> It is illegal for the employee to pay for the premium processing cost. If you pay for premium processing, probably the employer will upgrade your case to premium.

1. will there be any issues in filing tourist visa for my dependents?
    >>> B2 is for tourism. Unless you can move that your dependents are visiting U.S for the purpose of tourism, they won't get it approved.

if i do so, will there be a probability of it getting rejected
    >>> Consulate will treat it as any other visa application. It will get approved or declined based on the documents submitted.

2. if tourist visa has got approved, can it be convered to H4 at later point in time?
    >>> It can be done. But it is not advisable to file a COS from B2 to H4. That would project as if the intention of getting the B2 (which is for tourism) is to enter U.S and file a COS to H4.

3. suppose if tourist visa has got rejected, will it affect when i file H4 for my dependents?
    >>> Nope.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X