Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No alien number on my recent i797 h1b approval notice

Hello,
    I am seeking answers and suggestions to my problem.

Recently a small newly started company (few months old) filed for transferring my h1b from my current company. There were to complications as follows.
    I am seeking help, suggestions and knowledge on the following 2 points.
    - My approval was for only a year, most research attribute it to the newness of the company
    - My i797 approval notice for h1b petition did not have my Alien Number in the beneficiary field from my previous I140 approval. My belief is that the Alien Number is the only way USCIS can track and connect all my USCIS history. What is the reason for USCIS to not mention my A# in the i 797. The lawyer says, that is it not always that the A# is mentioned in the i797 for h1b, even if it was filed and approved on the basis of a previous i 140

- My approval was for only a year, most research attribute it to the newness of the company
    >>> USCIS doesn't always issue H1B for 3 years. This is not unusual.

- My i797 approval notice for h1b petition did not have my Alien Number in the beneficiary field from my previous I140 approval. My belief is that the Alien Number is the only way USCIS can track and connect all my USCIS history. What is the reason for USCIS to not mention my A# in the i 797. The lawyer says, that is it not always that the A# is mentioned in the i797 for h1b, even if it was filed and approved on the basis of a previous i 140
    >>> The attorney is right. If the petition is approved and if it has an attached I-94 to it, then you are all good.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X