h4 stamp - passport expiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h4 stamp - passport expiring

I am planning to go for h4 stamping in the last week of Jan 2016. my passport is expiring on 6th Aug 2016.
    Should there be any issues while getting the h4 stamp due to passport expiry date?

Also will I be able to return to USA on the same passport on 18th Feb 2016? I read somewhere that Indian passport require at least 6 month validity for travel. Is that true?

Thanks
    Last edited by americandesimd; 11-23-2015, 11:42 PM. Reason: updates to post

If your passport expires in less than 6 months, then the visa can be issued only till the passport expiry date and the same hold good with your I-94 at the POE. It is advisable that you renew your passport first and then go for visa stamping. It hardly take less than a month to get the passport renewed in U.S.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      If your passport expires in less than 6 months, then the visa can be issued only till the passport expiry date and the same hold good with your I-94 at the POE. It is advisable that you renew your passport first and then go for visa stamping. It hardly take less than a month to get the passport renewed in U.S.
      Thanks.
      lets say if I don't renew my passport. Can I travel to USA in the 6 month passport expiry period? are there any issues with that?

Comment

That depends on which country's passport you hold. Check the below link.

Originally posted by americandesimd View Post
        Thanks.
        lets say if I don't renew my passport. Can I travel to USA in the 6 month passport expiry period? are there any issues with that?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X