Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i94 Admin Until date not Updated

Hi Guys,

I switched from Company A to Company B and travelled to India. I didn't get the new Visa stamping when I was there because it was a short trip.
    When I came back the i94 was not updated to my new petition expiry date. It still shows the Old petition expiry date.
    IS this normal or should I ask uscis to correct my i94?

When you re-entered U.S, did you show your old employer's I-797 or new employer's I-797 at the POE?
    Last edited by shervin143; 11-24-2015, 09:38 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I didn't show anything at the port of entry normally they just check the system and fill the date

Comment

Are you saying the officer did not even ask you to show your passport and approval notice when you entered U.S?

Originally posted by karthick6891 View Post
        I didn't show anything at the port of entry normally they just check the system and fill the date

Comment

He asked me only the passport. And then he put the stamp on the passport. I was a bit negligent at that time to look at the passport. I checked the i94 next day and then only i noticed that the date was different.

Comment

If he issued your I-094 based on the previous employer's approval notice, then it can cause issues. Your I-94 should be associated with your current employer's petition. It is weird that he did not even ask you to show the approval notice. I would suggest that you go to the nearby CBP post and talk to them. They should have issued a new I-94 based on your current petition and the expiry date should match that petition's expiry date. There are cases where they issue the I-94 matching the visa or passport expiry date, which doesn't seem to be the case here.

Originally posted by karthick6891 View Post
            He asked me only the passport. And then he put the stamp on the passport. I was a bit negligent at that time to look at the passport. I checked the i94 next day and then only i noticed that the date was different.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X