Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension filed after H1B and I-94 expiration, RFE received

Hi all,

I'm in a very tricky situation here and would really appreciate your help!

My 6-yr H1B as well as I-94 expired on Sep 26th.

Extension application was received by USCIS on Sep 28 with premium processing.

Not that I received an RFE questioning the gap between Sep 26th and Sep 28th. I need to prove that the delay was due to extraordinary circumstances.

My situation is: my lawyer lied to me about the filing date. She told me on Sept 1st that "the extension was recently filed" and again told me on Sept 15th that "we're still waiting for the receipt". Her statement led me believe that my extension was filed before Sept 1st. I have emails to prove these statement.

I'm wondering if I can argue nunc pro tunc due to extraordinary circumstances based on:

1. Although the petition was received by USCIS on Sep 28th, it was filed through Fedex on/ before Sept 26th. Will USCIS take this into consideration if we can provide the tracking number?

2. I, as a beneficiary, have no idea about the late filing since the lawyer told me it was filed before Sept 1st.

What are my odds of getting a approval based on the above statement? Do you have any recommendations for an attorney with such experience? I'm in desperate need of a competent attorney now!

Thank you so much for any input!

You or ur lawyer need to file a nunc pro tunc extension for missing 2 days.
    Speak with ur employer and attorney and ask attorney to submit an affidavit to uscis explaining the reason that the delay was on their part and u and ur employer both were not aware.
    Since you have a gap of just 2 days. There is a high possibility of approval.
    If ur lawyer is not ready with this then I would suggest to look for another good lawer and prepare an affidavit that ur old lawyer lied to you.. Present all emails/ communication u have to uscis.

Comment

Originally posted by sb158 View Post
      You or ur lawyer need to file a nunc pro tunc extension for missing 2 days.
      Speak with ur employer and attorney and ask attorney to submit an affidavit to uscis explaining the reason that the delay was on their part and u and ur employer both were not aware.
      Since you have a gap of just 2 days. There is a high possibility of approval.
      If ur lawyer is not ready with this then I would suggest to look for another good lawer and prepare an affidavit that ur old lawyer lied to you.. Present all emails/ communication u have to uscis.
      Thank you sb158!

I just found out that the petition package was delivered to USCIS on Sep 21st. However, it was not logged in the system until Sep 28th. Hope the Fedex proof of delivery and tracking info will help us get through this.

Comment

if u have fedex receipt and u can prove that it was delivered on 21st sep, you should be fine

Comment

nunc pro tunc

What is nunc pro tunc and how does it apply in your case?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X